Back to News
Nominations Open for Annual Rural Health Leader Award
The Iowa Rural Health Association has opened nominations for the annual Jerry Karbeling Award which honors individuals making a tremendous contribution to rural health in Iowa. The nomination form can be found here.
History: Jerry Karbeling was a member of the Iowa Rural Health Association and served on the Board for five years. He served as President of the Association in 2002-2003. The Iowa Rural Health Association seeks to recognize Jerry’s legacy, and to retain the memory of his contributions. The Jerry Karbeling award will be presented on an annual basis.
Instructions: Nominators must complete and submit the nomination form. Additionally, nominators must submit the following supporting documents:
- Biography, resume, or curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Three letters of support for the nominee that describe:
- How the nominee is a respected leader in the health care industry.
- How nominee is “community oriented” (as evidence by serving on boards/committees, for the purpose of advancing a healthy lifestyle).
- How the nominee is an activist as identified by participation and enthusiasm in developing public health policy.
Nominators should submit the completed nomination form and supporting documents by email no later than Friday, October 9, 2020 to:
Iowa Rural Health Association
Bill Menner, Executive Director
Phone: (641) 990-4757
|Award Nomination Supporting Document Requirements
(to be gathered and submitted by Nominator):
|☐||Completed Jerry Karbeling Award Nomination Form|
|☐||Biography, resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee|
|☐||Letter of Support #1 – from Nominator|
|☐||Letter of Support #2|
|☐||Letter of Support #3|
Filed under: News