Back to News
IRHA Grant Program Seeks Applicants from Rural Communities
Iowa Rural Health Association
Community Health Improvement Application
Announcement Date- June 30, 2022 Application Deadline- July 31, 2022
Contact: Bill Menner
Iowa Rural Health Association (IRHA) is a non-profit, 501c3 established to advocate for access to rural health, health care and healthy communities. Its mission is to provide leadership on factors that influence healthy living in rural Iowa, facilitate collaboration and empower solutions. As part of that mission, IRHA is convening teams of rural community leaders to increase awareness of health determinants and create actionable plans to improve health outcomes in their respective communities. This project was made possible through a grant from the Iowa Department of Public Health.
The purpose of this proposal is to recruit four rural Iowa communities seeking to create and execute an action plan to help improve the long-term health of the community as it relates to the social determinants of health such as mental health, food insecurity, job assistance, and linking individuals to community resources.
Each community selected for this program will be represented by a Community Team. This team will be made of at least four members from a variety of community partners. Community partners could include but are not limited to:
- Health care
- Local Government
- Local public health
- Local businesses
- Mental-health agencies
- Community Action Agencies
- K-12 schools
- Community Colleges
Applicants are encouraged to recruit team members from multiple sectors to ensure that the team has a variety of perspectives and multiple fronts for action.
Activities and Programming:
- Teams will be aware of and prepared to address health disparities and health equity issues in their community
- Teams will work collaboratively with IRHA to identify the greatest area of need in their community
- Teams will identify how they can best improve their community with the resources available
- Teams will create an action plan using the findings from the assessment and prioritization tool
- Teams will engage in collaborative learning with the other Community Health Teams at multiple stages of this project
- Teams will attend all training sessions
- Teams will actively participate in assessment activities
- Teams will provide regular updates to IRHA on their progress
- At the end of the program teams will have a clear action plan
- Teams will get technical assistance from IRHA
- Teams will be connected to resources by IRHA partners
- Teams will be awarded up to $15,000 to cover their work and complete the project
Intent to Respond: Please respond to Bill Menner notifying your intention to respond to the RFP and any questions related to the application by 5:00pm, July 13, 2022. Any questions and related responses will be shared with all applicants that have submitted an intent to respond. Responses to questions will be shared with all interested applicants by July 18,2022.
Elements of Proposal: At a minimum, please include the following proposal elements:
- Describe your community
- How big is your community?
- Are there any other challenges your community is facing?
- What does your community do well when it comes to health?
- Describe the level of support in the community for this project.
- Overview of local team members.
- Who will be leading this project?
- Describe the roles on the team.
Proposals should be no longer than 4 pages, double spaced.
Please submit proposals no later than 5:00pm, July 31, 2022 to:
Filed under: News